PSP Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome, Guest
You last visited: Wed Dec 31, 1969

You are not connected. Please login or register

PlayStation 3 Hack Claims

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PlayStation 3 Hack Claims Empty PlayStation 3 Hack Claims Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 am

Gamerboy

Gamerboy
GFX Team
GFX Team

Noted iPhone hacker George Hotz wrote on this personal blog he has cracked Sony's PlayStation 3 console, a process, he says, that took him five weeks.

"I have read/write access to the entire system memory, and HV level access to the processor. In other words, I have hacked the PS3," he claims.

Since the console's release three years ago, hackers have been unsuccessful at cracking the PlayStation 3's strong security.

"It's supposed to be unhackable - but nothing is unhackable," Hotz told BBC News. "I can now do whatever I want with the system. It's like I've got an awesome new power - I'm just not sure how to wield it."

Holtz also said he is unwilling to reveal the exploit, saying it's "not really patchable," but Sony can make implementations much harder.

A Sony spokesperson said the company is investigating the report and would clarify the situation as more information becomes available.

2PlayStation 3 Hack Claims Empty Re: PlayStation 3 Hack Claims Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:31 am

Battle Star

Admin
Admin

Gamerboy wrote:Noted iPhone hacker George Hotz wrote on this personal blog he has cracked Sony's PlayStation 3 console, a process, he says, that took him five weeks.

"I have read/write access to the entire system memory, and HV level access to the processor. In other words, I have hacked the PS3," he claims.

Since the console's release three years ago, hackers have been unsuccessful at cracking the PlayStation 3's strong security.

"It's supposed to be unhackable - but nothing is unhackable," Hotz told BBC News. "I can now do whatever I want with the system. It's like I've got an awesome new power - I'm just not sure how to wield it."

Holtz also said he is unwilling to reveal the exploit, saying it's "not really patchable," but Sony can make implementations much harder.

A Sony spokesperson said the company is investigating the report and would clarify the situation as more information becomes available.

Sounds cool Big Grin

I never knew the ps3 is that hard to hack...

https://pspcommunity.forumotion.com

3PlayStation 3 Hack Claims Empty Re: PlayStation 3 Hack Claims Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:58 am

Blacksun

Blacksun
GFX Team
GFX Team

how does it work?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum